Monday, January 26, 2009

RoadTrip D8-9 Galveston and NASA 休士頓太空中心

Day 8-9, 12/29-30 Galveston and NASA



We drove all the way south to Galveston to see the Golf of Mexico. Alex, Kathleen's cousin came with us. He went to the university in Dallas and now in vacation.



I remember when I first met my Loco family, they ask me have you seen the ocean. That was a very interesting question cause I'm from a island. With in one or two hours, you can reach the sea shore and put your feet into the sea water. After staying in US in 2006, I finally realized that if you live in a inland city, you may not see easy to see the ocean.

The birds like Cheetos very much.




I don't remember the last time I go to the beach, it must be more than 6 month. Today, I touch the water of Gulf of Mexico. Maybe next time, I will go to the other side to visit Mexico.



After feeding the sea birds, we went to the NASA Johnson Space Center in south Houston. NASA is dream of every kids. I think many people want to become an astronaut when they are little. That's true! I feel the same way. But when I grow up, the dream seemed away from me for a long time. This time, I really pay attention to all the exhibition in NASA. Read the mission history of every space shuttle and I even tough the rock from the moon! I'm really really excited about this moment. Feel like the dream come true.



Rock from the moon


Titan V Rocket, VERY BIG!!!


NASA總共有六艘太空船,分別是 原型機、挑戰者號 Challenger、發現號 Discovery、亞特蘭提斯號 Atlantis、奮進號 Endeavours、哥倫比亞號 Columbia六艘。除了原型機沒有上過太空以外,其他都有去過。挑戰者號(1986)跟哥倫比亞號(2003)各在一次任務中爆炸。



Now I know NASA has space missions every month and there is a international space station fly around the earth 16 times a day. The scientists doing research up there was also amazing to me.

They are going to launch three space shuttles on February and May from Florida. Maybe we will have a chance to see that.

Astronaut's food. We bought a ice cream flavor. It taste very special, creamy like the ice cream, but in room temperature.

2 comments:

Loco Blood said...

Anderson and Kathleen,
Your pictures at the beach are absolutely beautiful!! It would be wonderful if you went to Mexico sometime. If you go make sure you go only to safe areas. As you see on the news, there is so much crime and killing going on because of the drug trade. Years ago Albert and I went to Cancun in the Gulf of Mexico. The water is so beautiful. It's amazing that the color of the oceans are different in different parts of the world. The gulf is a different blue than the waters around the Bahamas. We went to the Bahamas 14 years ago and the water there was a different shade of blue. It is so nice to get into water that is not super cold like our beaches here in Calif.
Patty and Albert

Anderson said...

I heard the news that the chief police officer somewhere in Mexico was murdered. His head was cut off and sent to the police office. WHAT!!! sounds like a whodunit.
If we have chance to visit, I will chose a safe area.